DS: Nintendo DS2 information.
Posted March 15, 2010 by (221)
The DS, so good they released it five times, it’s made Nintendo so much money the company could do nothing for the next 10 years and still pay the salaries of all their employees. Nintendo however aren’t planning to do that and according to RPAD the DS2 will be announced at this E3. Lets hit the key points of this hear-say information.
- The DS2 is just a placeholder name, no surprises there.
- It will have two screens, bigger and with higher resolution than the DS. Note I’m unsure which DS he’s talking about here, bigger than the DS Lite or bigger than the DS XL, probably the latter.
- The gap between the two screens will be negligible, meaning the screens can act as one big screen if required so you won’t get that gap between the pictures anymore.
- It will have an accelerometer, a Nintendo device that encourages you move your body, whatever next!
- The dev kit is similar in power to the GameCube and developers find it easy to switch between GC, Wii and DS2.
- It will be out late this year, a Christmas release sounds like a safe bet.
Bear in mind that all the information is from one man who claims to have got the information from a source that was possibly working on games for the DS2, not saying it’s fake but it’s hardly concrete proof. As such using my own noggin I’m going to do what most people call “guesswork” I say that due to the screen size comment and the negligible gap between the screens that at least the bottom section will be a complete touch-screen much like an iphone with the top section probably being a complete screen but probably not interactive. The clam style of the DS will help protect your screens meaning you won’t even have to buy a sock…not that it’ll stop them trying to sell one to you.
Thanks for rating this! Now tell the world how you feel via Twitter.
How does this post make you feel?