Rumour Mill: Xbox 720 Retails Revealed.
Posted April 2, 2012 by Jallen (57)
According to VG247 the upcoming console from Microsoft, dubbed Xbox 720 for convenience, has been fully detailed to some third-parties. It’s from these companies where VG247 sources claims to have gained the information. So what’s going to be in the next console, let’s take a look;
- Blu-ray drive.
-This was expected due to the limiting size of DVD’s which is causing quite a lot of problems from games released on both the PS3 and Xbox 360.
- Xbox 720 will require an always-on internet connection as an anti-piracy measure.
–This rumour doesn’t seem to be going away any time soon. It’s possible it could be correct in which case MS potentially loses 10% of its audience in industrialized nations. According to a report that 90% of 360’s are connected to the internet.
- The machine will have two GPUs.
- The graphics cards are thought to be equivalent to AMD’s 7000 series GPUs, but “not CrossFire or SLI”.
- There will be “four or six” cores to the Xbox 720 CPU, one of which will be reserved for Kinect and one for the OS.
- Finally the game is slated to be released Christmas 2013.
– This, if nothing else, at least seems very likely.
As with all rumours take the information here with a grain of salt.
Thanks for rating this! Now tell the world how you feel via Twitter.
How does this post make you feel?